Tuition fees for international students are around $16,000 per year at Australia’s cheapest universities. If you want to study at one of these lowest-fee universities in Australia, you can probably consider studying at Kaplan Business School starting at around $16,00 per year.
Unlike Kaplan Business School, most universities with low tuition fees are often regional universities. Being based away from major cities helps to keep costs down. Several low-cost universities also specialise in distance education. The tuition fees list below shows that the cheapest Australian universities for international students:
- Kaplan Business School
- Australia Institute of Management
- Victoria University
- University of New England
- Southern Cross University
Cheapest universities in Melbourne
The cheapest Melbourne universities are Kaplan Business School, Australian Institute of Management (MIT) and Victoria University. They set tuition fees for international students in the low to mid $20,000s.
- Kaplan Business School is a global reputable business institution
- Victoria University is based in the western suburbs but has teaching facilities in the city centre.
Another 2 Melbourne universities with tuition fees often below $25,000 per year are Southern Cross University and Australian Catholic University
Cheapest universities in Sydney
Kaplan Business School & Australian Institution of Management remain the cheapest, with a typical tuition fee of around $16,000 per year.
- Australian Catholic University is next, with a typical tuition fee of around $24,000 per year.
- Follow by Western Sydney University, with fees for international students starting from $25,000.
- The other Sydney university with some fees below $32,000 is University of Technology Sydney (UTS).
Cheapest universities in Perth
The greater Perth area has 5 universities. The cheapest is The University of Notre Dame. Average fees for international students are around $25,000. Follow by Edit Cowan University and Murdoch University, with tuition fee around $28,000
Cheapest universities in Brisbane
Kaplan Business School remains the cheapest, follow by University of Sunshine Coast, University of South Queensland and Australian Catholic University, with tuition fee no more than $24,000
Cheapest universities in Tasmania
Since there is only one university in Tasmania (UTAS), no doubt it is the cheapest university in Island Tasmania. Tasmania is known as one of the most affordable cities to live in Australia.
Cheapest universities in Adelaide
Kaplan Business School remains the cheapest, follow by Flinders University, with a tuition fee of around $25,000.
We put together a list of Bachelor of Business/Accounting’s tuition fees, it is worth knowing that some programs cost less than $20,000 a year.
The program costs listed are provided as a general guide only. They have been sourced from publicly available information or individual universities and business schools. In relying on the list below potential students should be aware:
- The program costs were sourced in September 2017 for students commencing in 2017 but may change in the future at each school’s discretion;
- Where schools have not provided full program fees of 2017, we have made a judgement on the annual program costs based on information available. For instance, many schools provide on an indicative subject fee for a program that would take 3 years to complete. In these cases, we assume there are 4 subjects per semester and there are 2 semesters running in a year, indicative annual fees extrapolated by multiply 8 subjects in a year (ie $3,000per subject x 8 = $24,000pa); and
- Current fees for units (variably called courses, subjects, credit points etc) may increase in the future before the completion of your program, increasing the overall cost of your program; and
- The program costs listed may or may not include incidentals like textbooks and other learning materials. In the case of study tours, these additional program costs can be substantial.
- Program costs for local students may be different; and
- While all care has been taken to ensure their accuracy please consult your school on your full fee liability before commencing your application.
Contact us to find out more
For more stories like this, join the Excel Education community on Facebook
Need help with your uni application? Connect with us here
About Post Author
A freelance writer, graduated from Curtin University, specialises in commercial writing, love travel and enjoy walking on the beach, Michelle also feeds on Psychology and will give away just about anything to cuddle with furry felines.