We understand that choosing a university can be a difficult decision, because hey, it is your future after all. We heard you, we heard your needs !No more wasted words, here we give you the insight of the Top 5 Universities in Sydney 2018!
No. 1 The University of Sydney
The University of Sydney (USYD) is Australia’s first university, founded in 1850 and is regarded as one of the world’s leading university. USYD offers the widest range of academic programs of any university in Australia and have been ranked top 50 universities in the world consecutively for 14 years. Its stunning campus is ranked in the top 10 of the world’s most beautiful universities by the British Daily Telegraph.
Why study at Sydney University
- Ranked #1 for the best MBA course in Australia by the BOSS MBA Schools Rankings which is also endorsed by the Australian Financial Review. The program focuses on developing skills around creativity, critical analysis and a system approach to problem solving. It also helps to develop personal and interpersonal skills needed to lead effectively.
- In the latest QS Subject Rankings 2018, USYD is ranked #1 in Australia in Architecture/Built Environment, English Language & Literature, Mechanical, Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering, Modern Languages, Sports-Related Subjects and Veterinary Science.
- For the second year running, University of Sydney has been ranked #1 in Australia and 4th in the world for graduate employability under the latest QS Graduate Employability Rankings The QS rankings move past employment rates to give a more in-depth indication of how universities are perceived in the global graduate jobs market, how well-connected to the professional world universities are, and the quality of employment outcomes achieved by graduates.
- Sydney is one of the most powerful financial centres in the world. Ranked #1 in Australia and #8 in the world according to the Global Financial Centres Index Students will have a massive advantage if they are interested to kick-start their career in the financial, banking and fintech sector. Sydney is fast becoming the Asia-Pacific fintech hub to tap into opportunities such as the blockchain technology.
No. 2 The University of New South Wales
The University of New South Wales (UNSW) is the youngest and the founding member of the prestigious Group of Eight (Go8) – a coalition of ‘Australia’s Leading Universities’. UNSW is renowned for the quality of its graduates and its commitment to new and creative approaches to education and research. It is a powerhouse of ideas and innovation.
Why study at UNSW Sydney
- Most Australia’s top CEO’s who lead ASX100 companies studied at UNSW, more than any other university. It has also topped the list of Australian universities with the most millionaire graduate and its graduates are constantly in high demand from employers and enjoy some of the top starting salaries and employment rates in Australia.
- The faculty of engineering is the largest in Australia and offers the widest choice of specialisation for students. It is consistently ranked as the #1 engineering faculty in Australia and 1 of the top 50 in the world.
- UNSW offers international student to work on-campus through the Professional Development Program. Through this, you will be able to gain knowledge of employers’ expectations in the Australian workplace and gain practical workplace experience to enhance your career opportunities.
- According to the Sydney Morning Herald, UNSW has overtaken the University of Sydney as the number 1 university preference for NSW school leavers. It is the dream destination for the majority of high school leavers.
- UNSW is recognised as the Australian university with the strongest connection to the working industry. Their close relationship with companies enables student to gain relevant practical experience while completing their degrees. Employers are able to hire the best graduates from UNSW through the Careers Office.
No. 3 University of Technology Sydney
UTS is a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney. One of Australia’s leading universities of technology, UTS has a distinct model of learning, strong research performance and a leading reputation for engagement with industry and the professions.
Why study at UTS Sydney
- 1st in Australia to be featured in the Times Higher Education Top 100 Universities under 50 years of age.
- UTS is in the heart of Sydney’s creative precinct and alongside Sydney’s central business district.
- In line with the UTS model of global practice-oriented learning, international students can undertake professional practice during their degree. Additionally, students have the opportunity to study in one of the 185 universities in 40 different countries in which UTS has student exchange agreements.
- UTS maintains strong relationships with the local community, industry, business and the professions through a wide range of partnerships, projects and events. Through these established connection, International students will gain various career opportunities through a dedicated web portal just for international students.
No. 4 Macquarie University
Macquarie University is a public research university and regarded one of the best universities in Sydney. It is located in the gorgeous suburb of Macquarie Park. Founded in 1964 by the New South Wales government, though it is still less than 60 years old, its world ranking has been rapidly increasing.
Why study at Macquarie University
- Macquarie is the first university in Australia to own and operate a private medical facility in 2010. This on campus $300 million hospital is also co-located with the university’s Australian School of Advanced Medicine.
- Macquarie University’s main campus is set on 126 hectares of rolling lawns and natural bushland and is conveniently located within the high-technology corridor of north-west of Sydney.
- Macquarie has a unique program called the multi award-winning PACE (Professional and Community Engagement) program which engages students in real world learning activities with organisations across Australia and around the globe. Through PACE, students, international students especially can gain crucial practical experiences that employers sought after.
- Situated in the heart of the Macquarie Innovation Park District (MIPD), Macquarie University alongside with other 300 global-wise companies in that area can provide student to be be exposed to various internship opportunities in different industries.
No. 5 Western Sydney University
Western Sydney University (WSU), formerly known as the University of Western Sydney, is an Australian multi-campus university in the Greater Western region of Sydney. This University has campuses in Bankstown, Blacktown, Campbelltown, Hawkesbury, Parramatta, and Penrith. WSU is recognised as the Top 100 Young Universities in the World by Times Higher Education.
Why study at Western Sydney University
- Western Sydney University is ranked in the Top 2% of Universities in the world, they are globally focused, research-led and committed to making a positive impact on the communities.
- The University of Western Sydney has been ranked as Sydney’s highest rated University for Employer Satisfaction by QILT Australia Ranking. Nine out of 10 employers say great things about WSU graduates, stating that they are more adaptable, employable, and have better technical skills.
- It is notable that WSU has eight campuses across Western Sydney, and the accommodation and living expenses around those suburbs are very affordable compared to studying and living in the centre of Sydney CBD.
- WSU provides generous scholarships for international students, hence making it a popular choice among international students.
Connect with us to find out more information on:
- Entry requirements and application procedure
- Credit exemption to reduce the length of your degree
- Scholarship opportunities
We would love to help you!
Contact your nearest office to find out more
Phone: + 612 8385 7224
Phone: +862 0223 77740
For more stories like this, join the Excel Education community on Facebook
Need help with your University application? Connect with us here
About Post Author
Georgina is a content marketer who is part of the E2 family. A writer by day and a reader/gamer by night. Being an international student who has completed her degree at UNSW Sydney, she also has extensive experiences as a professional education consultant – helping students to identify the right university to achieve career successes. You are welcome to contact her at +61 424 988 337 to chat about games, books and study choices!