Thinking of studying in Australia? Where do you start?

Sharing is caring :)

Assuming you have done some research and have made up your mind about studying in Australia. What other things do you have to consider? Below, we include a comprehensive guideline and tips for you to follow. These are the most frequent questions asked by students whom have engaged us throughout the years.

How do I get the University offer letter?

Offer letter is an invitation letter from the University where it provides you with crucial information on tuition fees, intake dates, course duration and other critical information. You can only study in your desired University after receiving an offer letter. Below are the necessary documents that are required for you to submit to the University of your choice before they can consider to send you an offer letter –

  1. Complete the latest application form from the education provider. Some application forms are web-based and some are paper-based. To get the latest application form, you can submit an enquiry to Excel Education
  2. Provide a copy of your passport information. 
  3. Provide a copy of your latest academic transcript. 
  4. If you have completed any qualification, provide a copy of the award certificate

How do you apply for a student visa?

You will need to attain a student visa in order to study in Australia. Australia student visa allows you to work up to 20 hours a week during study period and 40 hours during the holiday period. Below are the necessary documents required to apply for the student visa

  1. Register a user account on the Australian immigration website. Excel Education can assist you to setup your account 
  2. Conduct a health test in a local clinic which is decided by the Australian immigration
  3. Provide a copy of your passport
  4. The Australian government will want to make sure you have sufficient funds to complete your studies. So you (or your parents) will need to provide a proof of financial stability – this is often the savings you have in your bank.Submit an enquiry to find out how much financials you will need to demonstrate. 
  5. You will need to provide a personal statement to describe why did you choose to study in Australia and that particular university, and how it can help you achieve your future goals
  6. Provide proof that you have purchased health insurance while studying overseas. This is to cover the cost of any unexpected accidents/sickness that may occur while you study overseas

How do you find accommodation which is affordable and convenient?

There are basically 2 ways to do this, you can either go through the university owned accommodation which is called on campus accommodation or you can rent a room from private owners. There are pros and cons in both options.

On campus accommodation

Living on campus accommodation is usually more expensive but you will receive several benefits such as fully furnished and convenience location (usually less than 10 minute walk to the University). To submit an application for on campus accommodation, you will need the following documents

  1. Download and complete the accommodation application form. To get the latest application form, you can submit an enquiry to Excel Education
  2. Provide deposit payment (the amount varies but it is usually 4 weeks of your rent).

Private accommodation

Many students would prefer to rent a house/apartment and live together with their friends from the same university. If you choose to partner up with friends to rent or lease a house, make sure to include everyone’s name in the lease agreement and to ensure everyone shares the bond equally. You can submit an enquiry to Excel Education to find out more options on private accommodation. 

Once you have found your ideal accommodation, simply connect with the owners and follow through the necessary application procedure. To ensure that you are a genuine tenant, you might need to provide supporting documents such as:

  1. What visa are you holding
  2. How long do you intend to stay
  3. You will be required to pay a bond (deposit) which is usually 2 weeks of rent payment.

Too many things to remember? 

Complete the form below and we will provide you with a one-stop solution from getting a student visa to finding an accommodation. We will also email you a copy of the checklist to kick-start your studies in Australia

Apply Now (Free Consultation)

Chat with Us Online

Submit an Enquiry Form


Contact your nearest office to find out more

Phone: + 612 8385 7224
Email: [email protected]

Kuala Lumpur
Phone: +6018-241-4802
Email: [email protected]

Phone: +862 0223 77740
Email: [email protected]

For more stories like this, join the Excel Education community on Facebook
Need help with your uni application? Connect with us here
Sharing is caring :)