Do you know that employers have their own view of which private universities are more recognition-worthy? There are about 100 Private Universities in Singapore and almost all claims that their degrees are fully accredited, but it is still important to choose the right Private university to study for a brighter job prospect.
The list of the private universities is expanding year on year. While the names that pop up on Google Search does not help you in choosing the right private university. No more wasted words, here we have narrow down the 3 best Private Universities that are more welcomed among employers in Singapore.
Kaplan Higher Education Academy
| Campus location: Bencoolen, Singapore
| Intake: Jan/ Mar/ May/ Jul/ Sep/ Nov
Kaplan Higher Education Academy is part of Kaplan Singapore, owned by Kaplan, Inc., one of the world’s largest education providers with over one million students globally. Kaplan Higher Education Academy offers full-time programs ranging from diplomas, degrees as well as MBAs from well recognised in American, Australian and European universities. With more time available to study, a student can complete the program at a faster pace.
Why study at Kaplan Higher Education Academy in Singapore
- For 2 consecutive years – 2016 and 2017, Kaplan has conferred 9 awards at the JobsCentral Learning Training and Education Development (T.E.D.) Awards, making Kaplan the most awarded private education provider in Singapore including the “Best Private Education Institution” in the selected categories by ‘Entity’.
- Kaplan has been awarded the Best Private Education Institute in the fields of Law/Accountancy/Business Management/Marketing/Psychology in 2017
- Located in the heart of the city near 6 MRT Stations (Bencoolen, Bras Basah, Bugis, Dhoby Ghaut, Little India and Rochor)
- Kaplan Campus life has various interesting groups and clubs that allow students to make friends outside class and pick up soft skills, such as decision making, communication and problem-solving.
- Possible completion of 8 modules in 8 months
- Classroom of the Future for Diploma programmes – The Synergy Pod
Recommended programmes to study at Kaplan Singapore
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Management
- Bachelor of Law
- Bachelor of Marketing
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Computer Science & IT
- Bachelor of Finance Management
- Bachelor of Senior Management & Leadership
PSB Academy Singapore
| Campus location: Esplanade, Singapore
| Intake: Jan/ Apr/ Jul/ Oct
Productivity is at the heart of PSB Academy. Once known as Singapore’s Productivity and Standards Boards, PSB Academy is known today as “The Future Academy”, with an approach to education that focused on what really matters: performance in the real world. In 2017, PSB Academy has expanded its City Campus at Marina Square to over 100,000 square feet which signalled the Academy’s mission to make an idea of productivity relevant again.
Why study at PSB Academy in Singapore
- APAC Insider awarded PSB Academy has been named the accolade of Education Institution of the Year by APAC Insider, Singapore Business Awards 2017 and National Business Award Winner in Education.
- PSB Academy was conferred with “Best private institution” for Engineering at the JobsCentral Learning T.E.D. Awards in 2016.
- The school’s Engineering programmes are accredited by Engineers Australia, one of the world premier engineering bodies, and through the Washington Accord, by reciprocating bodies in the UK, the United States and other overseas countries.
- PSB Academy published the figures that it has achieved almost full (95%) employment rate where an average graduate spends about 3 months to secure a job.
- PSB Academy offers various scholarships and loans option (e.g: PSBA-ASEAN Scholarship, PSB Academy Merit Scholarship) to help those in need.
- Located in a convenient location where the campus is linked to Promenade and Esplanade MRT.
- The strength of International students is 2000 out of 10,000.
Recommended programmes to study at PSB Academy in Singapore
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Business Management
LSBF (London School of Business & Finance) Singapore
| Campus location: Tanjong Pagar, Singapore
| Intake: Feb / May / Jul / Aug / Nov
LSBF is one of the world’s fastest growing business school with over 38,000 ambitious students worldwide, offering industry relevant programmes for students. For over 10 years, ISBF has successfully established campuses in UK, Singapore and Canada.
Why study with LSBF (London School of Business & Finance) in Singapore?
- LSBF Singapore has received 2 major awards at the Training & Education Development Awards 2016 for the title of “Best Private School” for both accountancy and Hospitality & Tourism.
- LSBF received Queen’s Award for Enterprise as a recognition for contributing to the international trade.
- LSBF offers a Transnational Education option for Diploma in Business Studies and Accounting & Finance (study route in Singapore and Australia)
- Platinum ACCA Approved Learning Partner
- 144 ACCA Prize Winner Since December 2011
- Located in Singapore’s Central Business District
Recommended programmes to study at LSBF
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Banking and Finance
- Accounting and Finance
KLC International Institute (KLCII) Singapore
| Campus location: Bugis, Singapore
| Intake: Monthly
KLC International Institute is one of the members of Crestar Education Group (CEG), it has more than 120 centres in its network of kindergarten, preschool and enrichment centres spanning across Singapore, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China and Indonesia. KLCII was specifically focused on early childhood education since the establishment in 1988 and gradually expanded its suite of courses for quality higher education to meet the market demand.
Why study in KLC International Institute (KLCII)
- Its Early Childhood programmes are accredited by the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA).
- The KLCII Career Development team provide job placement service for new trainees in the Early Childhood sector locally and regionally.
- It has a wide network of partnership with the education institution and other relevant parties around the globe which create opportunities for exchange programmes.
Recommended Course to study with KLC International Institute (KLCII) Singapore
- Early Childhood Education
Living expenses in Singapore
The living expenses in Singapore for international students are approximately SGD 1,000 per month includes accommodation, meals, transportation, utilities, other miscellaneous.
About Post Author
Tham Jing An is a writer by day and a bedroom singer by night. He is still a full-time student pursuing his Bachelor (Honours) in Finance with the University of Hertfordshire, UK under INTI International College Kuala Lumpur campus.