This Scholarship was established by UTS to attract top achieving commencing international students who are completing the International Baccalaureate (IB) from selected schools in South East Asia and are enrolling in an undergraduate program at UTS in Sydney.
Please read the Conditions of Award for full details of the Scholarship.
Value and duration
The Scholarship, valued at 50% of the Recipient’s tuition fees, will be awarded to one (1) Recipient from each of the schools defined below, for a commencement at UTS within the period of 1st of July to 30th of June.
The duration of the Scholarship is the standard number of sessions required for the completion of the Recipient’s enrolled undergraduate course on the basis of a full-time study load.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to apply for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a citizen of a country in the South East Asia Region (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar [Burma], Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam); and
- Must be an international student (not an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia); and
- Must be completing or have completed an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma from one of the following schools:
- Binus School Simprug, Indonesia
- Cebu International School, Philippines
- Chinese International School Manila, Philippines
- Cita Hati Christiah School, Indonesia
- European International School, Vietnam
- GEMS World Academy, Singapore
- Global Indian International School, Singapore
- Hwa Chong International School, Singapore
- Marlborough College Malaysia, Malaysia
- Nexus International School Malaysia, Malaysia
- NIST International School, Thailand
- Overseas Family School, Singapore
- The International School of Penang (Uplands), Malaysia
- Tunas Muda International School, Indonesia
- Xavier School, Philippines; and
- Meet the UTS admission criteria for the selected UTS undergraduate degree course; and
- Must be expecting or have obtained an aggregate score including bonus and penalty points of 28 or above in their International Baccalaureate (IB);
- Completed the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma no longer than 1 year prior to commencing at UTS, and be admitted based on this qualification to UTS; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships application form to be eligible.
NOTE: Students enrolling in a UTS transnational program are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Selection is based on academic merit based on International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma results.
Where there are multiple applicants with the same International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma results, further consideration will be given to the answer to the following question:
- How do you intend to utilise your UTS degree to contribute to the community?
To apply for this Scholarship please submit the online application form.
Closing date for:
- Spring 2017 Intake – CLOSED
- Autumn 2018 Intake – CLOSED
- Spring 2018 Intake – CLOSED
- Autumn 2019 Intake – Submit before 31 July 2018
Contact us to find out more
International Student enquiries:
For more stories like this, join the Excel Education community on Facebook
Need help with your uni application? Connect with us here
A freelance writer, graduated from Curtin University, specialises in commercial writing, love travel and enjoy walking on the beach, Michelle also feeds on Psychology and will give away just about anything to cuddle with furry felines.