Presently, KOJADI has a total 13 loan schemes under its loan programme to cater for a wide spectrum of education courses ranging from vocational and technical to undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
I talked to Excel Education on WhatsApp and after obtaining all the necessary information. Excel Education met me and my parents at Asia Pacific University (Malaysia) to tour us around the campus.
– Mohamad, Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Student at Asia Pacific University Malaysia.
Below are the various education loan schemes currently implemented by KOJADI:
- KOJADI Higher Education Loan Scheme (HELS) It was set up immediately after the inception of KOJADI in 1981.
- KOJADI Vocational Education Loan Scheme (S-VELS) It is set up to provide loans to member-students who wish to undertake vocational training courses in local private institutions.
- KOJADI Institute Education Loan Scheme (S-JELS) It is specially designed for member-students to finance their tuition fees in KOJADI Institute (KI), a college which is wholly owned by KOJADI.
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for TARC Graduates (S-TAR) It is set up for diplomats and certificate-holders of Tunku Abdul Rahman College (TARC) who wish to further their studies overseas.
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for Local University Studies (S-LUS)
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for Foreign University Studies (S-FUS)
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for Independent Secondary School Certificate Holders (S-ISS) This loan scheme is to assist member-students who are graduates of independent secondary schools and have successfully gained admission to a university to pursue undergraduate courses
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for Early Childhood Education (S-ECE) This loan scheme is designed to provide financial aid to members who wish to take up courses in childhood education as a career
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for Overseas Postgraduate Studies (S-OPS)
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for Local Postgraduate Studies (S-LPS)
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (S-UTAR) This loan scheme is designed and implemented in 2002 for member-students who pursue courses at UTAR.
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme For Students of Foundation Programmes (S-PUF) This loan scheme is designed and implemented for students of age 18 years old and above for their pursuit of pre-university foundation programmes at local or overseas colleges or universities
- KOJADI Education Loan Scheme for MINOR (ELSM) This loan scheme is designed and implemented by students below 18 years old for their pursuit of tertiary and vocational education.
PREREQUISITES FOR EDUCATION LOAN APPLICATION
- The applicant must be a member of KOJADI with RM100 initial shares.
- The applicant/nominee must hold the requisite shares ranging from RM500 to RM1,000 depending on the loan amount applied for.
- The applicant must nominate a child/nominee under a relevant loan scheme.
- The nominated child/nominee must have gained admission to an approved institution of higher learning locally or abroad.
HOW TO APPLY FOR AN EDUCATION LOAN
- Obtain and follow the Rules of the relevant loan scheme.
- Complete a prescribed membership application form and loan application form.
- Submit the relevant loan documents.
Submit certified photocopies of the following documents:
- Applicant’s identity card
- Student’s identity card
- Letter of offer from an approved institution
- Student’s last examination results (SPM, STPM or SM3/UEC or equivalent or other highest academic qualification)
- Identity cards of guarantors (one to three guarantors)
- Income Tax Form ‘J’ with at least three guarantors
- Any other documents as may be required from time to time.
Submit the following photos and payment:
- Applicant’s recent photo (passport size)
- Student’s recent photo (passport size)
- Loan processing fees (RM200)
- Student membership fees (RM110)
- Insurance premium for the loan beneficiary
LOAN APPROVAL & DOCUMENTATION
- The loan amount is subject to the discretion of the Board.
- The loan application normally takes about 1 month to process.
- When the loan is approved, an OFFER LETTER will be sent to the applicant.
- The application is then required to complete and submit the necessary loan documents within 2 months:
- The loan will only be disbursed after ALL the loan documents and payments have been received by KOJADI.
- The loan will be released in 2 or 4 disbursements spread over the duration of the course of study.
- Interest will be charged to the applicant’s loan account immediately after the disbursement of the loan.
- The interest rate for the loan will be as follows :
For existing member:
1st year (Upon the First release of the loan) – 5.8% (on a monthly rest and reducing balance basis)
2nd year onwards until full settlement – 6.8% (on a monthly rest and reducing balance basis)
5.8% ~ 6.8% equivalent to 4.5% flat rate
For new member:
1st year (Upon First release of loan) – 6.8% (on a monthly rest and reducing balance basis)
2nd year onwards until full settlement – 7.8% (on a monthly rest and reducing blance basis)
6.8% ~ 7.8% equivalent to 5.8% flat rate
SERVICE OF LOAN INTEREST
Under specified circumstances, the borrower is required to service loan interest during the study period. The monthly interest is between RM100-RM300 depending on the loan amount applied for.
REPAYMENT OF LOAN
The founding objective of KOJADI is to pool the resources among its members for mutual benefits. Prompt repayment of the loan will enable KOJADI to give similar financial aid to other members for further study.
The repayment of the loan will begin three (3) or six (6) months after graduation and the maximum repayment period shall not exceed 8 years. Depending on the amount of loan and the type of the loan, repayment will be as follows:
- 1st year – RM200 or RM300 per month
- 2nd year – RM300 or RM400 per month
- 3rd year – RM400 or RM500 & above per month until full settlement
- OR equal monthly instalments until full settlement.
The above particulars are subject to change. For further information, please call at Kojadi office at
Koperasi Jayadiri Malaysia Berhad (KOJADI)
11th Floor, Wisma MCA,
163 Jalan Ampang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur. Road Map
Tel : 03 – 2161 6499 (Membership and Loan Department)
Fax : 03 – 2162 1413
For Membership related enquiries : firstname.lastname@example.org
For Education Loan application related enquiries : email@example.com
Monday-Friday : 8.30am – 5.30pm
Saturday-Sunday & public holidays: Closed
Source : Kojadi.my
About Post Author
A freelance writer, graduated from Curtin University, specialises in commercial writing, love travel and enjoy walking on the beach, Michelle also feeds on psychology quote and will give away just about anything to cuddle with furry felines.